AMREF Flying Doctors air evacuation service
Custom Safari would like to recommend to all our clients to book a membership with the AMREF Flying Doctors of Nairobi.
Please inform our staff when you make a booking if you are interested and you can get your insurance coverage vouchers through us.
In case of medical emergency, there will be one free air ambulance evacuation service from all Kenyan & Tanzanian wilderness areas to Nairobi hospital. There is also a free 24 hours Flying Doctor’s Emergency Response telephone for medical advice.
AMREF, the African Medical and
Research Foundation has been in existence for over 35 years as a non-profit
making foundation. Headquarters are in Nairobi,
Kenya, and there are Tanzania offices in Arusha and Dar-es-Salaam.
Unutilised membership subscription fees go towards funding the work of AMREF Outreach and charity evacuations.
The costs are as follows:
- 500 km radius from Nairobi (which includes all South Eastern & Western Kenya National parks, Northern Tanzania National Parks, Kilimanjaro) 20 US$ p.p. for 14 days and 35 US$ p.p. for 2 months
- 1000 km radius from Nairobi (which includes all Kenya, Tanzania incl. the Kenyan coast, the islands of Zanzibar, Pemba and Mafia,) 40 US$ p.p. for 14 days and 60 US$ p.p. for 2 months.
All hospital costs, medical treatments, medicines etc. are not included in this service, so it is strongly advisable that additionally to the AMREF membership you hold an adequate travel health insurance.
Please note that your contract for this service will be directly with AMREF, not with Custom Safari. Custom Safari is just an agent for AMREF.
Flying Doctors Society of Africa.
- The Society is a fundraising organization that has been in existence for over forty years, we raise funds specifically to finance medical outreach work in Africa. We do so by, among other things, selling membership and shop merchandise.
- All our members are entitled to free unlimited air ambulance evacuations in case of a medical emergency while in East Africa and two ground ambulance evacuations in Kenya.
- We co-ordinate all emergency calls and evacuation through our 24hr radio room guaranteeing all our members a fast, reliable and effective evacuation response.
The costs are as follows;
500km radius – covers – (Kenya, Tanzania northern circuit – including Mt. Kilimanjaro) $20 per person for 14days and $35 dollars for two months
1000km radius – covers – (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania Rwanda and Burundi) $40 for 14days and $60 dollars for two months